About Christianity, Church, Heaven and Christ Jesus
Sometimes it's confusing to know what real Christians believe. Here are some suggested ways to get the facts:
- Attend one of the many national/international Alpha Courses or other courses that investigate Christianity
- Explore the Bible, especially the the four gospels—the Bible was inspired by God so it's our best reference book
- Hear about the good news and teachings of Jesus from a friend or in any bible-believing Christian church
- Ask God your questions directly. He's here now and He loves you so He will answer in a way that you can understand
- At Greenford Baptist Church we try not to be too religious—we try to practice Non-Religious Biblical Christianity.
About the Christian Church
There are several major Christian denominations, such as Church of England, Pentecostal, House Church, Baptist etc. They each have different traditions and customs because they reflect a wide range of cultural differences—wouldn't it be boring if all Christians were white, middle class, had a spouse and 2.4 children?
To be genuine Christians the people who are part of Church should believe in and practice the central teachings of Jesus Christ—as written in the Bible. I said they should practise it so please don't get me wrong, Christians are not perfect—but they are forgiven and they are on a journey in the right direction—toward Jesus Christ.
Do you know for sure if you are going to be with God in heaven? If you're not convinced, watch and listen to some of the multimedia presentations or read some of the articles.